Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hello everyone!! Josh and I have been on the road since Thursday and we are exhausted and glad to finally be home!! We left Thursday when Josh got off work and drove to Birmingham, where we spent the night with my brother!! We enjoyed our short visit with him, but had to get back on the road Friday morning to make our way to Huntsville for Josh's friends wedding. Josh met the groom and another friend for a round of golf, while I stayed at the hotel Friday afternoon. I'm glad the weather cleared up for them, so they could enjoy the afternoon together!! The rehearsal dinner was wonderful!! Boiled peanuts and fresh squeezed lemonade were served before the meal, and they were so delicious!! I was so amazed at how many people there had not eaten a boiled peanut before!! They don't know what they are missing out on!! YUMMY!! We then had BBQ and all the fixings to go along with it!! The best part came after the meal!! It was an ICE CREAM BAR with lots of wonderful toppings!! The wedding Saturday was beautiful. The bridesmaids wore pool blue strapless dresses and carried fresh orange roses. I think they were trying to pull off a WAR EAGLE wedding!! I couldn't wait for the reception because me and my little one were STARVING!! Trust me, we ate and ate and ate!! Then to our surprise, as we were getting ready to leave, we noticed that someone had snuck a plate of chocolate covered strawberries on the table, so we ate some more! We finally got back on the road yesterday afternoon around 4:15 and arrived home last night about 10:30. It was a LONG drive and we are sure glad to be home.
All dressed up for rehearsal!!
My handsome husband in his tux!!
On another note, Josh and I joined our church on memorial day weekend. We attend Woodridge Baptist Church and are ready to get involved and help make a difference in someone's life. I am hoping to help coach cheerleading for Upward this summer and also help with VBS. Our church is doing a day VBS and a night VBS, so I am excited about that!! We have volleyball nights on Sunday nights a couple of times a month, and I wish I could get out there and help kick some butt, but unfortunately I am going to have to sit and cheer them on!! My SS teacher told me I could play, because he was sure that baby could jump and hit (of course he was kidding)!! :D Check WBC out on the web at http://www.woodridgebc.com.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful week!! Check back Wednesday for a baby post!! We have a doctor appointment wednesday afternoon and look forward to hopefully getting a sneak peak at our precious little one!!

2 comments:

Shonna said...

So glad that things are going well for you and Josh and that you have found a church home...that's wonderful:)

Those are some really good pictures of y'all and I can't wait to hear the baby update!

Beth said...

I know you are tired! Your pictures are great! Glad to hear you have found a church and I know y'all will jump in there and get busy! Excited to hear about Baby!