Friday, February 8, 2008

Enjoy the beautiful day, because you're NOT getting inside!

So I have a funny story to tell that happened to my mother and I today. We had gone outside to put some trees in her car from the tree sale at Josh's work and when we were headed back inside, the door would NOT open. I had a spare key on me, and thought that we might have just locked ourselves out. But the regular lock and the deadbolt lock was unlocked. We could not figure out how somebody could have locked the sliding lock unless somebody was inside the house. And of course, we couldn't get in the front door because the chain lock was locked. So I tried numerous, numerous times to wiggle the door (thinking that it might just be stuck), but it would not budge. So of course on the day that Josh decides to go get his haircut after work, is the day that my mother and I could not get in the house. He finally arrived home after we had been sitting outside trying to find someone to help us for about 45 minutes. And by the way, all of my men neighbors were not home either. So, Josh got home and tried to open the door, and it wouldn't open, that is when we figured out that the door had just been shut to hard and the sliding lock slid causing us not to get in. Now comes trying to break in through the front door which like I said earlier had a chain lock and even if you got the locks opened, you would have to cut the chain, which by the way nothing would fit in the crack between the door. Josh tried to pop the screws out, that didn't work. Then he tried to get the bolt cutter in the crack, that didn't work either. So finally he got the saw worked in the crack and sawed the chain right off. Now we just got to replace the chain. Atleast we know our house is secure, because we couldn't even get in . Praise the Lord though, it must have just been a ghost or something that wanted us to stay outside and enjoy the beautiful day that God made. Hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Shonna said...

I think you are right...this was God's way of saying "slow down and enjoy the day"!!! Thanks for sharing!

Josh and Lyndsay said...

It was certainly a beautiful day yesterday and we certainly got to enjoy it. :)

Beth said...

That is a funny story! At least you were blessed with a pretty day to be stuck outside!!